Tuesday, March 18, 2014

(会員)March 18, 2014 Crimes & Passion

(会員)March 18, 2014 Crimes & Passion 

1. He killed a man. He is guilty of ~.
murder

2. He stole candy from a store. That is ~.
shoplifting

3. He started a fire and burned down a house. That is called ~.
arson


4. He used a gun to take all my money when I was walking down the street. He ~ me.

5. He used a gun to ~ a convenience store.
rob

6. He ~ my car.
stole

7. He ~ my money.
stole
8. My house was ~.
robbed

9. He took money from his own company. That's embezzlement.

10. He was arrested for smuggling.
to smuggle = import or export illegally
Formal: He is a drug trafficker.
--------------------------------------------------
11.  I fell in love (with her. )

12. It was love at first sight.

13. She broke up with me.

14. She dumped me.

15. I like blonde girls. 
I have a thing for blonde girls.

16. My girlfriend and I are always fighting.
Our relationship is on the rocks.

17. I'm going to ask my girlfriend to marry me.
I'm going to ~ the question.
pop

18. 片思い = unrequited love

19. They met and they got along well right away.
They met and they ~ it ~ right away.
They met and they hit it off right away.

20. I don't really know her, I think I like her a lot.
I have a ~ on her.

21. We broke up once, and then we got back together.   We are getting married next year.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment