Monday, March 24, 2014

(会員)March 22, 2014 - Movie English & Slang

(会員)March 22, 2014 - Movie English & Slang
 The Wizard of Oz (1939)

"Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore.
We're not in Kansas anymore."

"Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!"

“There is no place like home.”

The Godfather (1972)

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse."
I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
"It's a Sicilian message. It means Luca Brasi sleeps with the fishes."

He's a thug.
He's a henchman.

He's sleeping with the fishes. = He's dead.

"...if not it's all out war we go to the mattresses. "

I'm going to the mattresses.

Gone With The Wind (1939)
Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

Terminator 2 (1991)
"Hasta la vista, baby."

"I'll be back.

It's a running gag.


http://goodmovieslist.com/movie-quotes/


No comments:

Post a Comment