Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Members Only 6月28日(日曜日)英会話 Live Lesson

 Members Only 6月28日(日曜日)英会話 Live Lesson


NO VIDEO. The audio failed.


LDP media bashers put security bills in doubt
liberal = open minded and accepting
conservative = 保守的な
fiscally conservative
realistic <―> idealistic
Idealistically we should ban all guns in the USA, but this is not a realistic solution. f

LDP media bashers put
security bills in doubt

a ~ basher = someone who criticizes ~ very strongly

Today's loss puts Nadeshiko's future in doubt.

a stand-up comedy
――――――――――――――
same-sex marriage

American gays have legal recognition.

muggy = 蒸し暑い
a) Would you mind if I smoked?
Do you mind if I smoke?
Would you mind if I sat here?
Do you mind if I sit here?

b) Do you mind helping me?
Would you mind helping me?
Do/Would you mind giving me a hand?
Do/Would you mind opening a window?
Do you mind turning off the air-conditioner.
Do you mind not doing that?
Do you mind?

Do you mind me smoking?
Do you mind me not going?


No comments:

Post a Comment