Monday, August 17, 2015

(会員)2015年 8月17日(月曜日)英会話ライブレッスン apologies

(会員)2015年 8月17日(月曜日)英会話ライブレッスン apologies

1. despicable
That was despicable.
He is a despicable man.

2. I was fluffing up my pillow.

3. a minion = a servile follower or subordinate of a person in power.

an apology = an admission of guilt

4. compensation = 補償

5. a) apologize
    b) give a reason
    c) offer to do st to make them forgive

Common excuses/reason
1. I didn’t do it on purpose.
2. I wasn’t thinking.
3. I didn’t realize + effect. 
Ex: I didn’t realize I would be late.
4. I have plans.
5. I have to get up early in the morning.

Making the offer:
1. Let me make it up to you. + Offer st
2. What can I do to make it up to you?

Sorry idioms:
1. I’m sorry to hear that. 
2. I’m sorry you feel that way. 
3. sorry = poor quality, especially when relating to human beings
Ex: He is a sorry excuse for a human being. = He is a sad excuse for a human being.
4. You’ll be sorry! = You will regret your actions!
You’ll be sorry if you don’t come to my party!

5. Better safe than sorry. = 安全第一
6. I feel sorry for him.

7. I feel sorry for you. = I pity you. = I am looking down on you.







No comments:

Post a Comment