Friday, August 28, 2015

(会員)2015年 8月28日(金曜日)英会話ライブレッスン FUN random

(会員)2015年 8月28日(金曜日)英会話ライブレッスン FUN random
1. It's brand spanking new.
What does the doctor do when a baby is born.
The doctor spanks the baby to make him/her cry.
2. spank = お尻を戦う
3. to spank the monkey = (idiomatic, colloquial, vulgar) to masturbate
4. colloquial = 口語的な
5. vulgar = very dirty
6. the new kid on the block:
a) That boy just moved here. He’s the new kid on the block.
b) I’ve only been working here a few weeks. I’m the new kid on the block.

7. I'm turning over a new leaf. = I’m quitting bad habits and starting new habits.

8. My car was wrecked last week. But the fixed it up and now it's as good as new.
as good as new = st is fixed and looks new again.
There you go. Good as new.
9. I feel like a new man.
10. sb/ st that is temporarily popular
11. There is a new development. = There is a new wrinkle.
a) A novel idea or technique, trick
b) a new development or change
12. novel = creative and new
13. You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment