Sunday, October 30, 2016

Sunday Night! Halloween Lesson! 10月30日(日曜日)英会話ライブレッスン

Sunday Night! Halloween Lesson! 10月30日(日曜日)英会話ライブレッスン
1. afraid of / scared of  < formal: frightened

2. terrified = stronger than afraid /scared / frightened

3. I have a (slight / strong) fear of ~.

4. I have a (slight / strong) phobia of ~.
I have a NOUN phobia.

5. I am claustrophobic. = fear of small spaces

6. I am acrophobic. = fear of high places

7. a prefix

8. I am agoraphobic. = fear of wide open areas

9. I am arachnophobic.  = fear of spiders

10. I was scared shitless.

11. He scared the shit out of me.
He scared the crap out of me.
He scared the piss out of me.
He scared the Hell out of me.
He scared the dickens out of me.

12. He scared the pants off of me.

13. ~ makes my hair stand on end.

14. That song is creepy.
That song creeps me out.
That song gives me the creeps.

15. Oh! You scared me. I almost jumped out of my skin.

16. ~ gives me the creeps. = ~ gives me the heebie-jeebies.

17. He was scared he was shaking in his boots.

18. He was petrified. = He was scared stiff. = He was paralyzed with fear.

19. He was shaking like a leaf.

20. You scared the living daylights out of me.

21. I am scared to death of sharks.

No comments:

Post a Comment