Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Tues. Oct. 4th - Cool news stories

Tues. Oct. 4th - Cool news stories

1. a pun = a word joke

2. Please bear with me. = Please have patience.
http://www.sfgate.com/news/local/article/Man-survives-two-consecutive-grizzly-bear-9558279.php

consecutive = one after the other

Man survives two consecutive grizzly bear attacks, gets on Facebook, posts a video

a flap of skin is hanging over his ear

grizzly bear 《動物》グリズリー・ベア、ハイイログマ

When a polar bear and a grizzly bear breed, the offspring is called a prizzly bear or grolar bear.

Grizzly-polar bear hybrid

global warming = 地球温暖化

気候変動 = climate change

While on a hike Saturday morning he came across two cubs and their very protective mother.

She charged him. She mauled him.

He was mauled pretty badly the first time.

In his video account Orr exudes a sense of optimism and confidence.

He says he walked three miles after the attack, and then spent eight hours being stitched up once he finally got to the hospital.
He walked 3 miles after the attack, and then spent 8 hours being stitched at the hospital.
I am confident that Hillary Clinton will win.
I am not confident that Hillary Clinton will win.
I am confident about my English.
I am not confident about my English.
You shouldn’t be too confident.
Don’t be too confident.
He is arrogant.  傲慢な
elegant = 雅
Someone leaked Trumps tax records from 1995.
He lost almost a billion dollars in 1995.
The cup is leaking.
I have to take a leak.

He is always bragging about his business ability.

No comments:

Post a Comment