Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Wed - Oct. 19th - Basic BUT VERY useful vocabulary (会員)

Wed - Oct. 19th - Basic BUT VERY useful vocabulary (会員)

1. realize, recognize, notice, know, and tell

a) How do you know him? 

How did you hear about this school?

Who knows?! = I don’t know. & I don’t care.

Father knows best.

know-how

He has the know-how to get the job done.

あらま!What do you know?

やっぱり!= I knew it!, Wouldn’t you know it.

He doesn’t know anything. =  He doesn’t know his A from B.

= He doesn’t know anything. =  He doesn’t know his ass from elbow.
= He doesn’t know shit about XXXX.

2. I can’t tell the difference between South Koreans and North Koreans.

I can’t tell the difference between Americans and Canadians.

You can tell the difference.   
I couldn’t tell she got a haircut.

3. notice

I noticed your watch is wooden.

They passed around a notice with neighborhood events.

I gave them my 2 weeks notice.

4. to recognize = to hear or see and know the name of

I didn’t recognize any of these people.

I didn’t recognize any of these people, but one of them looked a little familiar.










No comments:

Post a Comment