Sunday, February 5, 2017

(会員) Feb. 5, 2017 - Basic food adjectives

(会員) Feb. 5, 2017 - Basic food adjectives

Food: 13
1.    美味しい delicious = delish
2.    不味い That tastes bad/horrible.

That tastes ~.

This tastes like ass.


3.    甘い sweet
A: I just got a new car! Whaddaya think? 
B: Sweet!

Idioms: to be sweet on sb.   
Ex: She is sweet on John.

I got a good deal.

I got a sweet deal on this car.
I got a good deal on this car.

4.    辛い spicy, hot
to spice st up
I wanted to spice things up in class so I brought in a guest speaker. 

hot: a) temperature, b) spicy, c) sexy, d) popular, e) stolen
Ex: He was arrested for driving a hot car.

Nice ride.

5.    熱い = hot
6.    冷めた= cold, lukewarm
Ex. The audience gave him a lukewarm round of applause.
Not enthusiastic.
a lukewarm attitude, 
a lukewarm reception,
a lukewarm welcome


7.    温かい
8.    微温い (ぬるい)
9.    塩辛い
10.    酸っぱい
11.    苦い
12.    油っぽい
13.    滑らかな


No comments:

Post a Comment