Monday, February 20, 2017

(会員) Monday night Feb. 20, 2017 - Useful idioms

(会員) Monday night Feb. 20, 2017 - Useful idioms


1. That was expensive. It cost me an ~ and a ~.

2. This car has amazing handling. It can ~ on a dime.
The economy can ~ on a dime.

3. I gave you my offer. The ~ is in your court now.

4. I would never go to a place like that. = I wouldn’t be caught ~ in a place like that.

5. Hey! Speak of the ~! We were just talking about you!

6. We don’t agree. We don’t see ~ to ~.
We see ~ to ~ on politics.

7. That was so easy!  That was a ~ of ~.

8. That guy is crazy. He is off his ~.

9. It’s late, and I’m sleepy. I’m going to hit the ~.

10. I need a nap. I’m going catch forty ~.
=catch some zs

11. Don’t take him too seriously. Take him with a grain of ~.

12. Something is wrong with that guy. He’s not playing with a full ~.

13. He started the fight, but it’s not just his fault. After all it takes two to ~.

14. I’m not feeling well today. I’m a little bit under the ~. = I’m not feeling myself today.

15. Don’t worry about getting fired too much. Every ~ has a silver lining.


Answers:
1. arm / leg, 2. turn, 3. ball, 4. dead, 5. devil , 6. eye/eye, 7. piece / cake, 8. rocker, 9. sack, 10. catch/get forty winks, 11. salt, 12. deck, 13. tango, 14. weather, 15. cloud

No comments:

Post a Comment