Monday, July 12, 2010

Nico Nico Douga Random Lesson for July 12, 2010

1. I’ve got a secret weapon! = I’ve got an ~ up my sleeve.


2. I can’t just sit here. I feel like doing something. =I’m feeling ~.

3. What are 5 meanings of “beat”?

4. 3. How do you say カンニング in English?

5. I’m excited. =I’m p.....!

6. I don’t like him. (Others way to say this?)

-------------------

-------------------

Answers:

-------------------

-------------------

1. ace
Related: He’s got an ace in the hole.

2. antsy

3.
a) tired
I’m beat.
b) win in a fight
He beat me up.
c) win a game
Spain beat The Netherlands
d) rhythm
That song has a nice beat.
e) Get out of here!
Beat it!
f) Stop beating around the bush!
=Get to the point!
g) hit,
He beat his wife.

4. to cheat
Examples:
He cheated on the test.
He cheated on this wife.
He cheated on this taxes.

5. I’m psyched!

6.
I hate him.
I abhor him.
I detest him.
I despise him.
I can’t stand him.
I can’t stomach him.


I couldn’t stomach the photos.

I can’t stand the sight of blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment