Sunday, June 19, 2011

Nico Nico Douga – June 19, 2011

Nico Nico Douga – June 19, 2011
Let’s have some fun!
How is everyone doing?
News:
The headlines say that the tolls in the
earthquake affected area are going to be free.

a toll road = a road that you pay money to use

It’s free.
Here are some more “free” expressions.
They gave me a ticket for a ~ cocktail.
It’s complimentary.
It’s on the house.
No charge.
It’s free of charge.
It’s a freebie.
It’s gratis.
Gratuity is not included.
A gratuity of 20% will be added to parties of 8 or more.
a party=a group
How many in your party?

Back to FREE idioms:
It’s for the asking.
It’s one of the perks.
This job has many perks.
This job has a few perks.

Idiom: There’s no such thing as a free lunch.

Let’s learn some “lunch” idioms:
Let’s do lunch sometime!=
Let’s have lunch sometime.

I lost my lunch. = I threw up.
He’s out to lunch.=He is not in the office.
He’s out to lunch.=He is crazy. ぼけ

He ate my lunch. = He beat me.
I had a liquid lunch.=I had a beer.
---------------
No real breakfast idioms.
---------------
Dinner idioms!
Dinner is served.
to take sb out to dinner
Let me take you out to dinner.
Don't take this the wrong way, but .... + something that is difficult to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment