Thursday, June 2, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - June 2, 2011 Intermediate to Advanced

Nico Nico Douga - June 2, 2011 Intermediate to Advanced
He pulled a Houdini.
He disappeared.

News:
Headline:
Airplane annoyance leads to brouhaha in the skies over D.C.

What's the brouhaha over?
What's the big brouhaha about?
thedailyshow.com
political satire comedy show
Funny dirty American Politician's names!
It's sometimes hard to follow.
It's sometimes hard to understand.
Are you following? Do you understand what I am saying?
I'm not following you.

Boehner calls for debt deal within a month

The national debt hit its official limit of $14.3 billion.

I'm in debt. = I’m in the red.
I’m in debt to you.=I owe you.=Thank you!
I'm in debt to my brother.
I'm in debt (to Joe) for 100,000 yen.

I'm in debt to Joe for 100,000 yen. = I owe Joe 100,000 yen.

deficit【名】収入を越えて支出した〕赤字額
〔目標値などに対する〕不足額


Conversational English?
I owe $20,000.
I owe Joe $20,000.
I have to pay Joe back.
I have to pay Joe back $20,000.
I'm in debt to Joe for $20,000.

I'm in the red for $20,000.
That car cost me $20,000.
The car set me back $20,000.

How much was it?
How much did that cost?
How much did that set you back?

What's the damage?
---------------------------------
Kan survives no-confidence motion, but says he'll quit in the future

to quit
to resign
to step down


Do you believe the Japanese government?
Are they trustworthy?
Are they believable?

I can't trust them.
They are untrustworthy.
They are irresponsible.
They are slippery.
They are shifty.
They are shady.
actionteacher.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment