Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - June 29, 2011 - Intermediate to Advanced

The bucket is leaking. (leaking=verb)
The bucket has a leak. (leak=noun)
I have to take a leak. 下品=vulgar, dirty

Someone leaked the news to the media.
= Someone told the news to the media.

We have a leaky faucet in our bathroom.
I need to get the leaky faucet fixed.
Water is leaking out of the bucket.
Water is leaking.
He is bleeding.
He is bleeding out.
The water/bucket is leaking. (both OK)
The doctor diagnosed the disease.
The doctor diagnosed the patient.
TOP STORIES
Shareholders continue antinuke calls in Osaka after grilling TEPCO

antinuke = antinuclear
a call = a demand
to nuke=to cook in the microwave
He nuked his rice.

to nuke an idea = to reject

Stock owners had a meeting.
a shareholder's meeting

Shareholders grilled TEPCO.

Shareholders questioned TEPCO.

Shareholders interrogated TEPCO.

to interrogate to grill to question

He is baked.=He is high on marijuana.

I’m fried.=I’m exhausted.

I’m toasted.=I’m a little drunk.

My goose is cooked. = I'm in big trouble.

Proverb.
Stay out of the ~ if you can’t stand the heat.

Stay/Keep/Get out of the kitchen if you can't stand the heat.

Don't put yourself in a stressful situation if you can't handle it.
actionteacher.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment