Monday, January 30, 2012

(会員)1月27日 英会話ライブレッスン録画 2012

First watch!
(会員)1月27日 英会話ライブレッスン録画 2012
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1327930952


Jan. 27, 2012
I'm blowing my own horn.
I hate to blow my own horn but.....
=I don't mean to brag, but....

can --> could
COULD
•the past tense of can
When I was young I could run a full marathon in less than 3 hours.
When I was young I could stay out all night.
When I was young I could pull an all nighter.
•to ask questions/favors/permission
Could you tell me. .....?
Could you tell me. .....?
Could you do me a favor?
Could you open the window?=Please open the window?
Could I have the day off tomorrow?

•To show possibility:
•To give advice

•To express tentativeness or politeness:

You could exercise more.
You could exercise.=You could work out.
You could join a gym.
You could stop drinking.
How do you say A MAN AMONG MEN? will --> would

Can I help you?

What can I do for you?
=What can I do you for?



How can I help you? How may I help you?

Woulda, coulda, shoulda!

Mark my words!

shall --> should

No comments:

Post a Comment