Monday, April 16, 2012

(会員) 4月16日 TOEIC LEVEL UP! 初級

First Watch
(会員) 4月16日 TOEIC LEVEL UP! 初級


First let's learn some quick NEWS English that you MUST know!
癲癇 epilepsy
He has epilepsy.

癲癇持ち
He is an epileptic.
He is epileptic.
---------------
1. 会う
to meet
Nice to meet you.
He can't meet the deadline.
I can't meet my obligations.

2. 作る
to make
She made dinner.
He makes money.
Can you make it to my party?
How are you making out?
How are you doing you at work/school?
How are you making you at work/school?

How are you doing at work?
How is it going at work?
How's it going with your new ~?

WARNING*
to make out with someone = kissing, touching, etc.
He made out with her in the hallway.


3. 商売, 業務
business
How's business?
Business has been slow.
Business is slow.
Business has been brisk.
Business is brisk.

It's none of your business.
It's none of my business.
It's none of my business, but...
Mind your own business.
I was just minding my own business when....
I was just minding my own business when suddenly a man tapped me on the shoulder.
I took the dog out to do her business.


4. 雇用する
to hire, to employ
<--> to fire, to dismiss, to lay off, to let go
How long have you been employed at Toyota?
When were you hired by Toyota?
He is my employer.
I am an employee.

to employ = to use
He employed illegal tactics.


5. 貢献
contribution, service, donate
He contributed/donated money.
They hotel provides a free maid service.
You should get your car serviced.
Can I help you? How can I help you?

Victor Boggio, at your service.

He contributed some great ideas at the meeting.
He donated a kidney.

No comments:

Post a Comment