Tuesday, April 17, 2012

(会員) 4月17日 PRACTICAL EVERY DAY IDIOMS. MIXED LEVEL.

(会員) 4月17日 PRACTICAL EVERY DAY IDIOMS. MIXED LEVEL.
-----------------
1. to get up
to wake up, to stand up
What time did you get up today?

2. to get on
Get on the bus.

3. to get off
Get off the bus.
Get off my back.
Whatever gets you off.
Rich men get me off.
Blonde women get me of.

TIME OUT: Have you ever had a neighbor ask you for money?
Have you ever had someone steal your bicycle?
Have you ever had your bicycle stolen?

4. to get in
He got in the car.

5. to get in on st = to join
Can I get in on that pizza?
Can I get in on that bet?

6. to get away
= to escape
= to go on vacation
She got away from the lion.
I need to get away for the weekend.

Common set: to get away for the weekend

7. to put up with
I can't put up with that noise.

8. to put st on
He forgot to put on his hat.

9. to put sb on
Are you putting me on?

10. to put in
He put the cat in the box.
He put in 8 hours overtime this week.
I put in a lot of time learning kanji.

11. to put away
I need to put away the groceries.
They're going to put away that killer for a long time.

12. to make st up
Did you make that up?

11. to make st up to sb
I'm really sorry. Let me make it up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment