Monday, April 30, 2012

(会員) 4月27日 How to apologize in English.


(会員) 4月27日 How to apologize in English.
How to apologize in Japanese.


-----------------------
1. My bad.
2. Sorry.
3. Pardon. (Pardon? Sorry? Excuse me?)
4. Pardon me.
5. I'm sorry.
6. (My) Apologies.
7. I'm very/really/so sorry.
8. I'm terribly sorry.
9. I'm truly sorry.
10. I'm sincerely sorry.-->I am sincerely sorry.
11. I can't tell you how sorry I am.
12. I couldn't be sorrier.
13. My deepest apologies.

He apologized profusely.

14. I'm afraid I made a mistake.
   I'm afraid I can't. --> I regret I can't.
15. Please accept my (humblest) apology.
16. I was wrong, and I'm sorry.
17. I'm sorry. I was wrong.
18. I shouldn’t have said that.
My comments to you were ill-advised.


19. I shouldn’t have done that.
My behavior was ill-advised.

20. I'm sorry. I made a stupid mistake.
I made a stupid mistake, and I'm sorry.z

21. I’m genuinely sorry.

-------------------------
Fake apology:
22. ‘I’m sorry you feel that way’,

-----------
I'm sorry. Please forgive me.
I have no excuse for what I did/said.

MISTAKE:
USA: (I'm) sorry I'm late.
UK: Sorry to be late.

No comments:

Post a Comment