Monday, April 30, 2012

(会員) 4月30日 TOEIC LEVEL UP! 初級

(会員) 4月30日 TOEIC LEVEL UP! 初級



1. annoyed = irritated = bothered


I'm annoyed. 
It's annoying.


2. to come to sb


It just came to me. = I got an idea.


Nothing comes to mind. = I can't think of anything.


------------------
3. I like popcorn.
What does your father like?
What is your father like?
You look tired.あなたは疲れているようです。疲れてそう
You look like a criminal.
His head looks like it's going to explode.




S + look + ADJ
S + look like + N
S + look like + SENTENCE


That building looks like it's going to fall.


I'm about to go out.


You look like you're going to a party.


It looks like it's going to rain.


likewise 
A: Nice to meet you.
B: Likewise (I'm sure).


4. offer (noun / verb)
I made him an offer he couldn't refuse.


I'll give you 30,000 yen. 
He offered me 30,000 yen.
His offer was 30,000 yen.


He made me a generous offer.
I accepted his offer.
I declined his offer. = I turned his offer down.


5. a manager
Let me talk to the manager.
a caretaker = zoo, museum, garden, park
superintendent = a janitor


6. a conference
a conference room


to confer: to talk to someone and get advise【自動】話し合う、協議する
to confer st = to give st


I need to confer with my client.


7. to advertise = 広告する
an ad
an advert
an advertisement


Sony took out a one page ad in the newspaper.
take out an ad=広告を出す

No comments:

Post a Comment