Tuesday, May 8, 2012

(会員) 05月07日 生きた英語を習得する- 初級


Nico-Practical English
------------
Watch this as you read along!
------------
May 7, 2012
------------
1. Long time no see!

2. How have you been?

3. How have you been doing?
3. How have you been doing at work?
3. How have you been doing at school?
3. How have you been doing on your diet?

4. What's new?
What's up? = What's up? / What's wrong?
What's happening? = Hi! / Tell me what is going on now. I don't know.
DIFFERENT: What are you up to? = What are you doing down?

5. How was your Golden Week?

6. Did you go anywhere?
------------------------------
Let's review some basics:
------------------------------
7. What's the difference between: see, watch, & look
Have you seen ....?
I'm seeing a friend tomorrow.
Watch your head.
Are you seeing anyone?
Look at the clock.
I'm going to watch MIB 2 on TV.
I saw MIB2 on TV yesterday.
Don't bother me. I'm watching the game.
Did you see the game?

8. What's the difference between: will & going to
will=decide at that moment
going to=already decided

Ex: I'll take it.
I'm going to kill you!
------------------------------
Now some skills:
9. You want to smoke. Ask for permission.
Do you mind if I smoke?
Would you mind if I smoked?

10. You have a guest. Do they want coffee? Ask.
Would you like a cup of coffee?
Would you like some coffee?

11. Invite someone to a movie.
Would you like to go to the movies?

12. Call a hotel and make a reservation.
Hi, I'd like to make a reservation.

13. Call and ask to talk to someone
Hi, this is ~. May I speak to Victor, please.

14. Find out if a friend is going to a party.
Are you going to the party?
If it's your party you would probably ask, "Are you coming to my party?"

15. Tell someone you cannot go to their party
I'm sorry, but I won't be able to make it.
I'm afraid I can't.

16. Give someone a gift/present
This is for you.
I got this for you.
I got you something.

17. You want a taxi. Call down to the hotel staff and tell them.
Could you call me a taxi?

18. You want to find a good French restaurant. Ask the hotel staff.
Are there any good French restaurants around here?
Do you know any good French restaurants nearby?
Do you know if there are any good French restaurants nearby?
Could you recommend a good French restaurant?
Can you recommend a good French restaurant?

No comments:

Post a Comment