Tuesday, May 29, 2012

(会員) 05月29日 初級​ MUST KNOW 熟語 ​(30 minutes)


1. I'm about to go to work.
to be about to VERB

2. According to the police the criminal was drunk.
according to SB
to be drunk
drunken + noun

3. It suddenly began to rain.
It began to rain all of a sudden.

4. Do you have a dog?
As a matter of fact, I do.
As a matter of fact, I have 3 dogs.

5. As far as I know, yes.
A: Has he ever been arrested?
B: Not as far as I know.

6. as soon as possible / ASAP
as soon as you can
Call me as soon as you get home

I'll call you as soon as I finish my homework.

7. as well = too

8. as well as = and
Bring a towel as well as your swim suit.

9. He wants 1 million yen for his used car.
to be better off V-ing
You’re better off buying a new car.

10. He’s better off now than he was last year.
He is in a better position than before. = He is better off.
You are better off Ving.

The streets are really crowded today. You shouldn’t drive.
You’re better off taking the subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment