Monday, May 21, 2012

(会員) 05月18日 Useful English! - Mixed!

Click to watch the video.
Nico Nico Douga - Fun English


May 18, 2012
1. Hold on to your horses.  = Don't hurry., Wait
2. Don't get your panties all in a bunch. = Don't be so upset.
3. He's got a face for radio. =He's ugly.
4. The criticism really ~ him. =  The criticism really bothers him.
5. He is so whipped. =  He'll do anything she asks him to do.
6. Whatever floats your boat. = Whatever makes you happy.
7. That was below the belt. = Doing that was unfair.
8. Pardon my French./Go for the jugular. = Go for the most vulnerable part of the body.
to go for the jugular=
jugular=
vulnerable=weak
9. Pardon my French./ Excuse my French. = I'm sorry I said a dirty word.
10. He put his foot in his mouth.= He said something stupid.
11. Are you pulling my leg? = Are you joking?

No comments:

Post a Comment