Monday, August 20, 2012

(公開!)日曜日 10:30pm - 08月19日 Mixed! "cool" idioms


1. It was on sale.
2. It was cheap.
3. It was a steal.
4. It was a bargain.
5. It was dirt cheap.
-------------------------
COOL IDIOMS
Other ways to say “cool”
cool chilly cold freezing
psychological = 精神的な
1. He’s cool.
a) kakkoii, b) tsumetai, c) He agrees.
Are you cool with 10pm?
Yeah, I’m cool with that.
Are you OK with ~?
I'm not OK with that.
Are you cool with me drinking this during class?
Are you OK with me drinking this during class?
Are you cool/OK with me smoking here?
Are you cool/OK with me VERBING?
2. When someone is angry, what can you say to them?
Chill out!

3. Don’t get angry. Stay calm. = Keep cool.
Keep your cool.

4. Stay cool. = GOOD BYE!

5. You're angry. You need to cool off.

6. He is cool, calm, and collected.
Related: I have to collect my thoughts.

7. If you want something you may want to pretend you don’t care.
If you pretend you don’t really care, we say: He’s playing cool.
I’m going to play it cool.
He's playing it cool.
it=situation
8. How's it going?
How are things going?

9. He lost his cool. = He lost his temper. = He got angry.
10. Classic COOL idiom: to cool one's heels
to cool one's heels =  to be kept waiting, to wait

No comments:

Post a Comment