Monday, August 27, 2012

(会員)Monday 11pm - 08月27日初級 NATIVE ENGLISH FROM TV & MOVIES!

(会員)Monday 11pm - 08月27日初級 NATIVE ENGLISH FROM TV & MOVIES!

1. What can I get you? = What would you like? = What do you want?
What can I get for you?
Can I get you something?
Can I get you some coffee?
Can you get me a blanket, please?
Could I get an extra pillow, please.

2. What do you have to lose?
=You should do it! (Because there is nothing to lose.)
UNRELATED = Go for broke. = Do your best! Use all your effort/energy!
Variation: Why not! You should do it! What do you have to lose!?
You've got nothing to lose.
I've got nothing to lose. = I have nothing to lose.
colloquial = 口語的な
You got nothing to lose. / I got nothing to lose.
X Why not! = Of course.

3. All he does is complain. = He is always complaining.
I feel like all I do is work.
4. I'm glad for you. =あなたのために私はれしい。
5. It's none of my business. = 私には関係ない。
That has nothing to do with me.
6. (A) has nothing to do with (B). = (A) (B)と関係ない。
My looks have nothing to do with my Japanese.
7. You need to stop that. = You should stop that. = やめた方がいい。

No comments:

Post a Comment