Sunday, September 2, 2012

(会員)Thurs. 11pm - 08月30日MIXED LEVELS - MORE NATIVE MOVIE EXPRESSIONS


Nico - Aug. 30, 2012
1. Can I talk to you?
Can I have a minute?
Could I have a minute?
Could you give me a minute?
Could I have a word?
Can I have a word?

2. This soda has a little bit of lemon in it.
This soda has a touch of lemon.
I think I may have a  touch of the flu.
a smidgen = a little amount of
 Add a smidgen of salt.

3. I'm not the kind of person who holds a grudge.
I'm not one to hold a grudge.
I'm not one to complain.


4. He has a big ego.
He thinks his shit don't stink.

5. I publicly challenged him.
I called him out.

6. He attacked 100%.
He didn't pull any punches.
I don’t think he used all his power to attack.
I think he pulled his punches.

7. It is difficult to contact him.
It’s difficult to get in touch with him.
He's a hard guy to get hold of.

8. Just one mistake is enough.
All it takes is one mistake.

9. That is never going to happen.
When pigs fly.
When Hell freezes over.

10. You were right and I was wrong.
I stand corrected.
 -----

No comments:

Post a Comment