Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Unrecorded Sept. 2, 公開 lesson!


On September 2, 2012, I did a 公開 lesson. I did not record the video. But these are the notes. 
I DID review the next day though. So check the next video and next group of notes!


one on one
face to man
mano a mano
----------------
“a”    and   “the”
He told a lie.  --> He lied.
He told the truth.
I told you the truth.
His truth does not match my truth.
------------------
He fibbed. He told a fib.
He told a white lie.
He told a whopper
a super big huge monstrous gigantic enormous humongous
He told a whopper of a lie.
He is a big mouth.
You got exposed.
The jig is up.
---------------------
THE AVENGERS
to smash
That song was a smash. = That song was a hit.
That song was a smash hit.
I was smushed in the taxi.
I was smashed. = I was trashed. = I was drunk.

to crush
I have a crush on her. = I like her. 好き!
NOT THE SAME AS
I crushed her. = I stepped on her or sat on her.
I had a car accident. I crashed into the fence.

I had car crash.
I had car accident.
I am so tired. I am going to crash.
Do you mind if I crash on your couch?
Do you mind if I crash on your floor?
Do you mind if I crash at your place?

No comments:

Post a Comment