Tuesday, September 25, 2012

(会員) Friday 11 pm - 09月21日-初級


1. I was off today.
Today was my day off.
DIFFERENT --> I took a day off.
DIFFERENT --> He’s a little off today.
He is a little off today. = He is not at 100%.
My swing is a little off today. 
My game is a little off today.

None of my students have been able to do it.

2. pronunciation pointer
live vs leave 
a vowel: 母音

3. listening pointer
can’t  vs.   can
What is the different.
can't   has a long "a" vowel. Like "caan't"
I can help you! = I kin help you.
I can't help you! = I caan(t) help you!

4. Chinese mobs attacked a Japanese supermarket.
X attack to
NOUN: noun
There was an attack ~ a Japanese supermarket.
There was an attack on a Japanese supermarket.

X attack + natural disasters
The earthquake hit Japan.
They typhoon hit Okinawa.

5. おごる
It’s on me.
It’s my treat.
I’ll treat you.
I’ll treat you  ~  a movie.
I’ll treat you to a movie.
Let me treat you to dinner.
Let me buy you a beer.
I’ll buy you a beer.
Let me buy you a cup of coffee.

X on, for, with
Let me get this.
I’ll get this.
I’ll shout you.
I’ll shout you a beer.
A National Holiday

No comments:

Post a Comment