Friday, November 2, 2012

(会員)11月02日(金曜日) 23:00 - 公開 Regret MIXED!

(会員)11月02日(金曜日) 23:00 - 公開 Regret MIXED!


Nico Nico - Nov. 2, 2012
Regret: 公開
to regret=後悔する
I feel regret. = 名詞
I have no regrets.
regrettable
That’s regrettable. = That is too bad.
Regrettably,
Regrettably, no.



1. I'm sorry I (past tense verb).
I'm sorry I smoked.
I'm sorry I said that.
I’m sorry to have said that.
I'm sorry I didn't study English more in high school.

2. I (don't) regret Ving.
I regret smoking.
I regret not studying English more in high school.

3. I wish I had (not) 過去分詞。
I wish had not smoked.
I wish I had studied English more in high school.
I wish I hadn't done/said that.

4. I should (not) have過去分詞。
I shouldn't have smoked.
I shouldn't have eaten that cake.
I should have studied English more in high school.
I shouldn’t have said that.
I shouldn’t have done that.

Colloquial Regret Expression:
5. Why did I (present tense verb)!?
Why did I say that?
Why did I buy that car?!
Why didn't I study English more in high school?!

Regret Idiom:
6. I could kick myself for Ving.
I could kick myself for buying that car.
I could kick myself for smoking.
I could kick myself for not studying English more in high school.
I could kick myself for buying that car.

Regret Proverb:
7. There's no use crying over spilt milk.

to regret = a synonym

Advanced. Threat!
8. You will rue the day you said that to me.
to rue = dramatic word for "regret"
rue the day 〔過去の出来事について〕悔やむ、後悔する
rue the day that that以下〕したことを悔やむ[後悔する]
I rue the day I met him.
You will rue the day you met me!

No comments:

Post a Comment