Friday, November 2, 2012

(公開)10月29日(月曜日) 22:30 - SCARY! English 初級


KOUKAI Oct. 29, 2012
1. Trick or treat.
to play a trick on sb
She played a trick on me.

to trick st = だます
She tricked me.
She fooled me. 
She deceived me.

She cheated me.

2. to treat sb
I treated her to dinner.
It's my treat!
I’ll treat.

3. 手術
He performed a trick.

4. There’s a trick to Ving.
There’s a trick to opening this door.

5. It is traditional to carve out a pumpkin for Halloween.
We carve a turkey.

6. He put on a costume  for Halloween.
He got dressed up for Halloween.
to get dressed up  = to put on formal clothes
I have a wedding tomorrow, so I have get dressed up?
Why are you dressed up?

7. It is also traditional to hand out candy on Halloween.
hand out candy/tissues

8. I am scared / afraid / frightened of ~.
I’m afraid I can’t.
I’m afraid I’m busy.

I’m terrified (of~).
I’m petrified (of~).

8. I am scared of snakes.  = Snakes are scary.
I have a fear of snakes.
-----------------------------------------------------
1. I ~ him to death. shot
2. I ~ him to death. stabbed
3. I ~ him to death. choked/strangled
4. I held him under water until he died.= I drowned him.
X When I was 7 years old I drowned.
When I was 7 years old I almost drowned.
----------------------
5. I was so scared I ~ my pants.
peed / wet / pooped / shit
I was scared shitless.
You scared the pants off of me!

6. Garlic is used to ward off Vampires.

7. You can kill a werewolf with a silver bullet.
- BLOOD IDIOMS! -
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
8. He shot her in ~ blood.

9. He makes me so angry. He makes my blood boil.

10. I ~ blood for my family. = I work really hard for them.
sweat
11. I was so scared, my blood ~ cold.
ran
My blood runs/flows through my veins.

12. There is no point asking him for money. He has no money.
And you know you can't get blood from a stone.

13. I like playing poker, but I can't afford to play at that club.
They bet too much. It's too ~ for my blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment