Thursday, July 18, 2013

(会員)2013年7月01日( 月曜日) 23:00 英会話ライブレッスン My Favorite MONEY Idioms

()2013701日( 月曜日) 23:00 英会ライブレッスン My Favorite MONEY Idioms

This is my loud Hawaiian shirt.

1. I make good money.
=I have a good salary.

2. I can't make ends meet on my salary.
to make ends meet = to make enough money to pay the bills
I barely make ends meet.
I have to work part-time to make ends meet.

3. Payday is Tuesday.

4. Oh, my God! My stocks just doubled in value! I'm ~ the money now!
a) on,           b) at,     c) in

5. That guy makes a pretty good salary, but money seems to burn a hole in his ~.
a) wallet,    b) pocket,  c) pants


6. Tom bought Microsoft stock years ago! He's probably ~ in money now.
a) sitting,      b) rolling,    c) cooking

7. A: Can we afford the operation?
B: Don't worry! Money is no ~!
a) problem, b) object, c) issue

8. Boy: Dad! Can I borrow $100?
Father: What!? I'm not ~ of money, son!
a) made,       b) full,       c) grown

9. Don't worry! I'm sure! You can ~ on it.
a) bet,   b) gamble,   c) count

10. I can't believe you predicted  Japan would tie Australia!  You were right ~ the money.   
a) at,    b) in ,   c) on

11. I can't believe you predicted Japan would tie Australia!
You were right ~ the money.   
a) at,    b) in ,   c) on

12. If you are so sure you can beat me, why don't you put your money where your ~ is? Say 10,000?
a) jaw,  b) teeth,  c) mouth

13. German cars are great cars but they're expensive too. Toyotas are, ~ my money, the best.
a) in,   b) with,   c) for

14. I'm sure of it! You
can take it to the ~.
a) bank account, b) wallet, c) bank

15. Whenever I got to a buffet I always make sure I get my money's ~ and eat as much as I can.
a) value,      b) worth,      c) merit

I got my money's worth.



No comments:

Post a Comment