Monday, June 9, 2014

Monday, June 9, 2014 - Random vocabulary - all levels


Monday, June 9, 2014 - Random vocabulary - all levels
to get on = to board
to be aboard
to get on
She boarded the airplane an hour ago. She's aboard now.
She put on her hat. She is wearing her hat.
2. to tempt: 誘惑する
She tempted me with her eyes.
He tempted me with money.
I was tempted to eat the cake. 
I was tempted to take the job.
That’s tempting, but no thank you.
That’s tempting. I’ll think about it.

temptation
It’s a temptation.
You should remove the temptation.

3. ache
I have a backache.  
I have an earache. 
I have a toothache. 
I have a headache. 
I have a stomachache.
------------------
I have heartache.
My ~ aches. 
My ~ hurts.

4. wrestle

He wrestled Joe. 
I'm been wrestled with this decision for a long time.
I have been wrestling with the thought of leaving my husband.
I've been wrestling with my weight.
I've been wrestling with my anger.

5. wicked
〔人や行為などが〕ひどく悪い、不道徳な


He has a wicked sense of humor.
It's wicked cold.と~っても寒い!

6. mean:
a) 意地悪
b) 意味
c)He plays a mean guitar.
He makes a mean cup of coffee.
He irons a mean shirt.

7. a bunch =  a lot
I love you a bunch.
                                                                       
I have a bunch of things to do today.

He gave her a bunch of flowers.

I don't have a  bunch of time/money.







No comments:

Post a Comment