Friday, October 24, 2014

(会員)10月24日(金)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン - Fun Idioms

(会員)10月24日(金)23:00 ~ 英会話生放送レッスン - Fun Idioms

1. That guy is out to lunch.
He is spacey.

2. I’m all thumbs.
I am clumsy.

3. I’m all ears.
I’m listening to you.

4. He’s lost his marbles.
He has become crazy.

5. I need some elbow space.
I need some space.

6a. That guy is chicken.
6b. That guy is a chicken.

7. A little bird told me.
Someone told me but I don’t want to tell you who told me.

8. He’s a bird brain.
He is stupid.

9. He’s  bone head.
He is stupid.

10. Can I have a word?
Can I talk to you?

11. They had words.
They had a fight.

12. I have a bone to pick with you.  
I have a complaint.

13. When pigs fly. 
Never.

14. The whole enchilada.
Everything.

15. He drinks like a fish.
He can drink a lot. = He can hold his liquor.

No comments:

Post a Comment