Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday, Jan. 5th! Happy New Year! First Day Back on Nico! Lesson! Members Only!

Monday, Jan. 5th! Happy New Year! First Day Back on Nico! Lesson! Members Only!

How have you been?

Long time no see.
It’s been a long time. 
It’s been forever!
It’s been ages!
It’s been donkey ears!
Hello, stranger!

A New Year’s Resolution.
What’s your New Year’s Resolution?

I’m going to lose weight!

I want to lose 5 kilograms.

to lose weight = to shed weight = to drop weight = to slim down
I want to take off some weight.

He’s a whole new man!

I feel like a whole new woman.
I feel like a completely different woman.

I want to quit smoking.

He quit smoking cold turkey. = He quit completely.  Not gradually.

to quit little by little, to quit gradually

I’m going to start exercising.

I want to start taking ~ lessons.
I want to start studying ~.

I’m going to ~ over a new ~.
I’m going to turn over a new leaf.

I have a new lease on life.

It’s Jan. 1st, so let’s wipe the slate clean and start over.

How did you ring in the New Year? = How did you spend New Year’s Eve?

How are you planning to ring in your birthday?
How are you planning to ring in the New Year?

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you for understanding.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment