Thursday, January 29, 2015

Thursday, Jan. 29th! - Random! I am back!

She has high blood pressure!
The doctor says she has to stay in bed.

The doctor has prescribed her bed rest.

The doctor told him to exercise more.

The doctor has prescribed exercise.

prescription glasses = 度付き眼鏡

You need to get some rest. You need to stay in bed.


You need to take it easy.

Take it easy. a) Goodbye., b) rest, c) Calm down.

Take care. a) Goobye., b) Take care with your health. , c) Take care to wash your hands before entering the hospital room.

Too bad. = 残念です。

English expressions that often confuse Japanese
事件   &   事故
事件 = incident
事故 = accident

If someone did something on purpose, that's called an incident.
The police are ~ing the incident.

investigate + crime / incident

The police are examining the murder weapon.
The police are investigating the crime.

I had an accident.

I crashed my car.
I ran into a tree.
I hit a dog.
I had a fender bender.
I had a fender bender.
I spilt my coffee.
My dog peed on the carpet.
The baby peed in his pants. = He had an accident.

This last week was really hectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment