Monday, February 2, 2015

(公開 )アクション英会話 - Feb. 2, 2015 - How to start a conversation

(公開 )(火曜日) アクション英会話 - Feb. 2, 2015 - How to start a conversation

That explains my reasoning.

1. I made a mistake.
X I mistaked.
X I made mistake.

2. I was mistaken.

3.  I’m sorry. I made a mistake.
I’m sorry. I was mistaken.
I’m sorry. I made a mistake.

4. I’m sorry. = I apologize.
5. I’m sorry. = I apologize. = Apologies.
6. My bad. = I’m sorry. = I apologize. = Apologies.
7. She was taken aback. = 引いた
How to begin a conversation with a stranger.
1. Compliment them.
I like your outfit. I like your blouse. I like your bag.
2. Compliment them and ask a question.
Where did you get/buy it?

I like your bag. Do you mind if I ask where you got it?

3. Introduce yourself.
A: Hi, my name is Victor.  
B: Oh, nice to meet you. My name is …

4. Where are you from?
Do you live around here?
Do you work around here?

5. If you think they are a tourist then yes, ask: What brought you to Japan?

6. What brought you to Nagoya?
What brings you to Kyoto?

It’s a bit jarring.

He hit on me.



No comments:

Post a Comment