Sunday, February 15, 2015

(公開) 2015年2月15日(日曜日)More LOVE idioms

1. It's a little buggy.

actionteacher.blogspot.jp

Different kinds of love.

2. love

romantic love

parental love
brotherly love
I love you like a brother.
I love you like family.

puppy love = love that children imagine they feel

platonic love = non-sexual and non-romantic love. Love between friends.

3. obsession: a psychologically 夢中 type of love, not generally considered healthy

He is obsessed with her.
He is obsessed with movies.
He is obsessed with his work.
He is obsessed with women.

She is obsessed with men/her job/success.

4. infatuation = passionate feeling that lasts for a short time
He is infatuated with her.
I got over my infatuation.
He is infatuated with sharks.

5. He has a crush on her.

6. She has a thing for tall men.
    She had a thing for muscular men.

I ran into her in a department store.

scrawny = ガリガリに痩せこけた, skinny and weak

He looked scrawny but he smelled of money.

He smelled of ~. = He had the atmosphere of ~.

You smell of alcohol/smoke/money/sex.

He smelled of the earth.

You smell of ~ . = You smell like ~.

7. I have a great love of ~.
7. I have a great love of ~.
7. I have a great love of literature/the arts/music/the opera.


No comments:

Post a Comment