Tuesday, February 24, 2015

(公開) 2015年2月23日(月曜日)TOEIC!

(公開) 2015年2月23日(月曜日)TOEIC!
1. complicate = to make st more difficult that necessary
What’s going on with you and Joe? Are you dating?
It’s complicated.

2. a profile = a) an outline description of sb, b) the side view of sb,
c) as a verb - to give a description of sb you are looking for, especially a suspect

3. a suspect = 容疑者

4. to suspect = 疑う
I suspect he’s lying.

5. a mentor = a kind of teacher
Mr. Araki was a kind of mentor to me.

6. a function = a) st like a party or social activity, b) use, c) 機能, d) to work

7. a contraption = a thing, a machine, a device
The function of this contraption is to stabilize the camera.

8. sufficient = enough
It’s enough. = It’s sufficient. = It will suffice. = It will be enough.

9. to borrow st = 借りる
<―> to lend 
I’m renting my apartment. = I do not own it. I pay monthly rent to live here.
I’m renting out my apartment. = I own it. I get monthly rent from the person who lives there. 

10. to prioritize = to decide st is the most important thing you have to do
The most important thing in your life (to do) is called your priority?
My job is my priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment