Friday, March 27, 2015

Members Only 3月16日(月曜日)英会話 Live Lesson

Members Only 3月16日(月曜日)英会話 Live Lesson 

1. What does that have to do with the price of ~ in ~?
=どういう関係。

2. I don't understand that at all. = It's Greek to me. 

3. I'll pay for me, and you pay for you. = Let’s go Dutch. 

4. If you drink and become brave we call that “Dutch Courage."

5. If I accidentally say "shit" or "fuck" how can I apologize?
Pardon my French.

6. They kissed with tongues. = The French-kissed.

7. If you leave a party without thanking the host, that’s called “taking one’s French leave”.

BONUS not connected to nationality.
 
8. He dropped the F-bomb.
He said "fuck". = He dropped the F-bomb.
He dropped F-bombs left and right. =
He said the F word many times.
 
9. ”Fuck you!” in English is akin to "死ね!" in Japanese.
Green tea in Japan is akin to coffee in the USA.
kin = relative, 親戚
親切な in English is “kind”.
Only your kin must be kind.

10. If 2 or 3 or more people have guns pointed at one another we call that a ~ standoff.
a Mexican Standoff

11. A long summer is called an Indian summer.

12. When something takes a long time we compare to "taking a slow boat to ~."







 

No comments:

Post a Comment