Monday, April 13, 2015

Members Only 4月13日 英会話 Live Lesson


1. barely = hardly

I’ve barely had time to do anything except look after the baby.
I’ve hardly had time to do anything except look after the baby.


2. a heart of stone = a cold person

3. She is a stone cold fox.

She's a fox.  = She is a sexy woman.
She is foxy.

4. to be carved in stone = to be decided
It’s not carved in stone. 
Is it carved in stone?

5. He who is without sin, cast he first stone.
He was stoned to death.

6. You can't get blood from a stone. = If someone does not have something it is useless to insist.

I owe you money, but I have no money. You can’t get blood from a stone.


7. You are barking up the wrong tree. = You are asking me for something I do not have and have never had and will never had.

8. to be as hard as a rock
This bagel is as hard as a rock.

9. to kill 2 birds with 1 stone
I’m going to stop by the post office on my way to the bank and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

10. leave no stone unturned
Look everywhere.
Look everywhere! Leave no stone unturned!

















No comments:

Post a Comment