Monday, May 1, 2017

(会員)2017年4月18日 (Tue) English Live Lesson

Nico April 18, 2017

I think I’m coming down with a cold. 
I’m psychologically tired.

to come across + adjective 

He came across well. 
My email came across a little crazy. 

I was waking in the shopping mall, and I came across an interesting clothing store. 

I came across an interesting newspaper article in the paper. 

I ran across an interesting newspaper article in the paper. 

I ran/bumped into my old girlfriend the other day. 
I ran/bumped into my old coworker at the mall. 
He came across as a very honest person. 

I stretched your days.
I stretch out the lesson. 
I stretched out the speech. 

Doctors try to prolong life. 

I have to call my mother, but I don’t to talk to her, so I am procrastinating calling her.  

There is no use prolonging the inevitable. 

It will happen sooner or later no matter what you do.

I have a party budget of $200, but I think I can stretch this budget if we serve cocktails instead of beer. 

to stretch the truth = to exaggerate

Trump often stretches the truth, and sometimes he simply lies. 


No comments:

Post a Comment