Friday, May 12, 2017

(会員)5月12日(金曜日)English Live Lesson

Nico - May 12, 2017
1. I can sleep in.

bus idioms:

2. to throw sb under the bus
= to avoid blame or punishment you find someone else to take responsibility
My company threw me under the bus.
My company made me the scapegoat.

2. He rides the short bus to school.

3. 下品な = vulgar, off color

Trump is getting a reputation as a liar.

4. He lied through his teeth. = He made an ob obvious lie.

5. That is a bold-faced lie. = That is a blatant lie.  = That is bold-faced lie. = That is a bare-faced lie.

6. He lies like a rug. = He is clearly lying.

7. I told her a small unimportant lie to make her feel better. = I told her a ~ ~.
I told her a white lie.

8. His story doesn't hold any water. = His story is unbelievable.

His story has no holes. = it believable

9. deception = 騙すこと
She is his beard. = She is his fake wife. He married her to make everyone think he is not gay. 

10. He’s in the closet. = He is secretly gay. 
He is a closet homosexual.
I am a closet AKB48 fan.

11. I’m almost fully recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment