Monday, May 29, 2017

(公開)5月29日(月曜日)English Live Lesson

(公開)529日(月曜日)English Live Lesson

1. 日焼け
I got a suntan.   I got a sunburn. 
I got suntanned.   I got sunburned.

I got a sunburn. 
I got sunburned.

Did you get some sun?   
You look like you got some sun. 
―――――
I went to the zoo. 
X I went to a zoo. 

I went to the zoo. 

purpose > place

I went to a restaurant.

a) I went to a supermarket.    
b) I went to the supermarket. 

the bank, the convenience store, the post office, the supermarket

A saw a dog. The dog was black. 
――――――――――――――――
Animal idioms. 
1. It was a zoo today at work. = crazy busy

2. A tiger never changes its stripes.  = A leopard cannot change his spots. = People don’t change. 

3. The/An 800 pound gorilla.  = a very powerful person/company/country.

4. The elephant in the room = the big topic that nobody wants to talk about 
I hate to bring up the elephant in the room, but how are you doing Susan? I mean you know with your divorce. 

5. Hold your horses. = Wait! Don’t act yet. 

6. Let sleeping dogs lie. = Don’t talk about past problems.


No comments:

Post a Comment