Friday, May 26, 2017

(会員)5月26日(金曜日)English Live Lesson

(会員)5月26日(金曜日)English Live Lesson
a) tell vs. say
1. say + st
a) He said hello.
b) He said, “Hello!”

Victor: “I am beautiful.”
Susan: Victor said …
Susan: Victor said (that) he was beautiful.
Victor said, “I am beautiful.”

What did you say? 
Wuja say?

2. tell + sb
Victor told me that he was beautiful.
Victor told me that he was tired.
Victor told me that he went to Kyoto last weekend.
Victor told me that he is going to America this summer!

X Can you teach me your name/telephone number/email address?
O Can you tell me your name/telephone number/email address?

What’s your name/telephone number/email address?

What did you say to him? = What did you tell him?

A: How old do you think I am?
B: I can’t tell.

A: How old is your mom?
B: I can’t say.

What do you say?
= どう?
What do you say to a beer?

A: Have you ever ~?   
B: Yes, I have. / No, I haven’t.

A: Have you ever ~?   
B: I can’t say that I have. = I haven’t. 

2. He told her.
He told her that he was hungry.
He told her he was hungry.
He said he was hungry.

He told on me. = He tattled on me. = He tattletaled on me.
tell on【句動】(人)を密告する







No comments:

Post a Comment