Monday, May 1, 2017

(会員) ENGLISH LESSON! I am still sick.. but I'm back!

Saturday - April 29, 2017
1. the emperor's new clothes
ignorant = 無知
incompetent = sb who is very bad at their job
unfit = not suitable for st
2. He’s green. = He is new and inexperienced. 
3. He is green with envy. = jealous
4. He has a green thumb. = He is good at gardening. = He is good at growing plants. 
5. green = money
I need some more green. 
6. He is green around the gills.= He looks sick. 
Ex. Are you OK? You look a little green around the gills. 
7. Proverb: The grass is always greener on the other side (of the fence). = Other people's lives seem better than yours.

8. I lost my voice. = cannot speak 
9. ~ is a lost cause. = There is no chance for success. 
10. to lose it = to really lose one’s temper
Ex: He lost it!
11. to be at a loss for words 
Ex: I’m at a loss for words. = I don’t know what to say.
12. Get lost! Go away! Drop dead! 
13. There is no love lost between (A) and (B). = They do not get along. 

14. There is no time to lose! = We must hurry! 

No comments:

Post a Comment