Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Tuesday Night Jan. 9, 2018 - 10pm! Happy New Year!

Tuesday Night Jan. 9, 2018 - 10pm! Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I am sniffly. / I have the sniffles.

I feel a sneeze coming on.

I feel a ~ coming on. 

Let’s get some basic New Year’s English out of the way.


How did you ring in the New Year?

I spent it with my in-laws.

I celebrated it with my in-laws.

a) I got a haircut. 
b) I got my hair cut.

散髪してもらう、髪を切って[カットして・刈って]もらう

You look like you could use a haircut. 

What is your New Year resolution?
new year resolution 新年の抱負
My New Year resolution is to lose weight.
My New Year resolution is to learn how to play the piano.
My New Year resolution is to stop smoking.
My New Year resolution is to VERB.

1. Exercise more (38%)
2. Lose weight (33%)
3. Eat more healthily (32%)


O Salads are good for you.
X Salads are good for your body.

4. Take a more active approach to health (15%)

passive <--> proactive
5. Learn new skill or hobby (15%)
6. Spend more time on personal wellbeing (12%)
7. Spend more time with family and friends (12%)
8. Drink less alcohol (12%)
9. Stop smoking (9%)
10. Other random resolutions (1%)

















No comments:

Post a Comment