Monday, October 19, 2009

Nico Nico Douga Oct. 16, 2009 Beg-Advanced/Mixed Class

One of my students is
pregnant, so let’s learn
words related to pregnancies!
First... she did not mean to get pregnant.
She got ~ up.
knocked
He knocked her up.
He got her pregnant.

She is getting married
because she is pregnant.

She’s having a shotgun wedding.
It was a shotgun marriage.

a wedding ring
a wedding cake

adjective of marriage?
marital

They are having marital problems.

She has a ~ in the oven.
bun


She is eating for ~.
She is eating for two.

What are some 症状 of pregnancies?
She has morning sickness.
She feels bloated.
Her feet are swollen.
She has a craving
 for strange food.
to crave st=to want st very badly

She is constipated.
She has constipation.
constipation <--> diarrhea
She is moody.
She has mood swings.

menopause menopause

She has hot flashes.

hemorrhoids 

I was very surprised.
I was shocked.
I was astonished.
I was stunned.
I was flabbergasted.


I was speechless.
I was at a loss for words.

I was at a loss. (I didn’t know what to do.)

I lost my voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment