Sunday, October 25, 2009

Nico Nico Douga Oct. 26, 2009 Mixed Class

What happened to your finger?
It looks like it hurt.

That looks like it must have been painful.
That looks like it must have hurt.

I hit my finger.
I hit my ~.
I broke my ~.
X I broke the bone in my thumb.
I broke my thumb.

My pinky finger is bruised.
My pinky finger is black and blue.

I smashed my finger. < I smashed in my finger.
I crushed my finger.

I was crushed (by the news).=I was very disappointed.

I was smashed. (drunk)

to hit on sb
I hit on her.=I tried to make a romantic move on her.(ナンパ)

I have a crush on her.=I like her.

That play was a hit/smash/smash-hit!=That play was a big success!

Time to hit the books.
Did you ~ your flight?
book

Time to hit the sack/hay.
He got ~ for being late to work.
sacked


You hit the nail right on the head.
That’s exactly right!
You ~ it.
nailed

He nailed you.=He hit you.

No comments:

Post a Comment