Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Nico Nico Douga - Oct. 6, 2010 - MIXED CLASS!

1. to do st with no or little preparation. = I’m gonna ~ it.

2. I don't have very much money, but my computer broke down. = I'm just gonna have to bite the ~ and buy a new computer.

3. He quit smoking completely. He quit cold ~.

4. He killed his wife and then he walked down to the police station and ~ himself ~.
The police arrested him and put him in jail.

5. Another word for ban is?

6. I stole money from the company. I ~ money from the company.

7. He took the money and used it irresponsibly. He ~ funds.

8. He burned down his own house for the insurance money. He committed ~.

9. He committed insurance ~.

10. How do you say 詐欺 in English?

11. How do you say 詐欺師 in English?

12. Ichihashi sent a letter of apology to Hawker’s parents. How would you feel if you were her parents?



----------------------------------------
Answers:
----------------------------------------
1. wing
2. bullet
3. turkey
4. turned / in
5. "prohibit" & "bar"
6. embezzle
7. misappropriate
8. arson
9. fraud.
10. a scam, a fraud, a con, a swindle
11. a scam artist, a scammer,a fraudster, a con artist, a swindler
12. If I were her parents I wouldn't want to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment