Tuesday, October 19, 2010

ニコニコ動画 - 初級 Time Expressions, Oct. 18, 2010

First, rules!
before / after + 事件/event!
in + 期間
on + 日
over + 2 or more days
at + time
in + the morning/afternoon/evening
at + night

1.
I can't meet you tomorrow
because I have to go to
a lunch party, but I can
meet you ~ lunch. How
about 3pm?

2. Please call me ~
you come over.

3. I am always scared ~ night.

4. I'm going to study ~ the weekend.

5. I'll see you ~ a few days.

6. I haven't seen her ~ weeks!
I wonder if she's all right.

7. What did you do ~ Obon?

8. OK! See you ~ a few minutes!

9. I woke up ~ the middle of the night.

10. The phone woke
me up ~ the morning.

What is the difference between
"on time" & "in time"?
11. on time = to come at or
before the promised time

12. in time = late but safe

13. She missed the trailers, but
she was just ~ for the movie.

14. If you are not ~ for your flight
you won't be allowed to board.

15. How many words
do you know for 時々?
sometimes, (every) once in a while,
occasionally, from time to time,
(every) now and then, at times,
on occasion, every so often

16. I'm in a hurry.
=I'm ~ for time.
a) squeezed
b) pushed
c) pressed

17. I like to ~ time by
surfing the internet.
a) killed
b) killing
c) kill

18. We better hurry!
There's no time to ~!
a) drop
b) lose
c) waste

19. My grandmother wakes up
at the ~ of dawn every day!
a) break
b) crack
c) slip

20. OK! I think that's enough
for today. Let's call it a ~.

------------------------
Answers:
------------------------
1. after
2. before
3. at
4. over
5. 6. for/in
7. over
8. in
9. in
10. in
13.
14.
15.
17. c) kill
18. b) and c)
19. a) and b)
20. day/night

No comments:

Post a Comment