Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Nico Nico Douga - May 11, 2011 - Intermediate & Advanced

Nico Nico Douga - May 11, 2011
Today is the 2 month anniversary since the earthquake hit.
Today is the 2 month anniversary since the earthquake struck.

I got soaked/drenched.

Let's learn some "catch" idioms:
1. He is sneezing. He caught a ~.
OLDS FASHIONED --> He caught cold.

2. He got in big trouble.=He caught ~.
hell

3. I wasn't prepared. = I got caught off ~.
Were you prepared for the earthquake? If not we can say:
The earthquake caught me off guard.

The news caught me off guard.

4. I'm sleepy! = I want to catch 40 ~.
winks

5. The boss saw him not doing his work. He was caught ~.
napping
I caught him napping.
He got caught napping.

6. CLASSIC PROVERB!
The early bird catches the ~.
worm

7. You can get rich by investing in that company?
Really? It can't be that easy. There must be a ~.
c
catch

What's the catch? =
何か裏[引っかけ]でもあるの?/何をたくらんでいるんだ?/本当の狙いは何だ?◆うま過ぎる話や誘いなどを持ちかけられた時に使う表現。

8. Let’s get together and catch ~.
up

9. I caught him with his ~ down.
pants
to catch sb with their pants down

下品=vulgar, off color, crude

10. I'm sorry. I didn’t catch that. What did you say?

11. He was caught red-handed.=
He was caught doing something bad.

12. 11. He was caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

13. See you later!
=Catch you later!
cya
cya l8r!
cu!

No comments:

Post a Comment